Thursday, August 12, 2010

Spanish Rice

I know this isn't an actual meal but it is a yummy side dish that I like to have with Tacos, Burritos, Enchiladas, any mexican meal night that we have. :)

1 C - White Rice - Brown in oil (just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan) Make sure the pan/pot you use has a lid that fits on it)
1/2 can (the small cans) Tomato Sauce
2 C - Chicken Broth (I use the campbells chicken broth. All the others don't seem to have the right amount of seasoning to it, then I add a water until I get 2 C)
Salt & Pepper
Cumin ( I just sprinkle until it looks good. Maybe a tsp. I don't measure my food that much) :)

Add all the ingredients to the browned rice, stir & let boil. Once it is boiling cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 20 min. Fluff with fork when done.

Because I don't measure my seasonings it took me a couple of time to make to get the seasonings just right. ;) But once you do it is soooo good :)

Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm this is just how I make it too, but I add a little onion powder and a little chili powder.

    ReplyDelete