Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Morris Family Meatloaf

Okay Ladies, this is what I'm making for dinner tonight so I thought I'd share with ya'll (that's my southern gal coming through).  It's a tried and true recipe and really good.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
1-1/2 cups bread crumbs (I use Progresso)
3/4 cup milk
1 medium carrot, grated
1 small onion, chopped (or grated)
2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper
2 eggs

Sauce:
1/4 cup ketchup
3 Tbs brown sugar, packed
2 Tbs prepared mustard

Directions:
Mix together ground beef, onion, carrots, eggs, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, and milk.
Mix together well, and shape into a loaf-shape.
Place in a 9” x 13” baking pan.
Combine sauce ingredients. Pour over meatloaf.
Bake for one hour at 325 degrees.

Simple, huh!

I'm serving this with a side of  mixed green beans & corn along with biscuits and jam.  Ooh!  Yum!

AMORRIS

3 comments:

  1. I've never made meatloaf and have never known a good recipe to try...now I have one! Thanks Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it, and we liked it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome. It's certainly a favorite here with my group.

    ReplyDelete