Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chicken & Cabbage Salad

This is perfect for a hot summer day.

1 pkg - Ramen Noodles (without the seasoning packet)
1/2 C - Sliced Almonds
2T - Sesame Seeds
3 C - Cabbage (About 1/2 a head)
2 C Chopped Cooked Chicken
1/4C - Green Onions (I usually put about 3-4)

Sauce
3T - Oil
2T - White Wine/Rice Vinegar
2T - Soy Sauce
1tsp - sugar

I season the chicken with whatever seasoning I like and bake it. Let it cool then chop.
Bake noodles, nuts, & seeds @ 350 for about 8-10 min.
Mix all the salad ingredients together.
Mix: Oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar together

Stir everything together and chill before serving. If you don't think that the salad is going to be finished that day then add dressing as you dish so it doesn't get soggy. This way it is still fresh and yummy tasting the next day. :)
(I double the sauce because there doesn't seem to be enough for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment