Friday, August 13, 2010

Calzone


Bread Ingredients:

1 cup warm water

1 Tbsp yeast

1Tbsp sugar

2 Tbsp olive oil

1 tsp salt

2-3 cups bread flour

Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Add olive oil, salt and flour. Knead until smooth and elastic. Let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into 4 pieces. Roll out each piece into an oval. Spoon spaghetti sauce (you can make your own, but I just buy it) over half of each oval, leaving 1/2 inch border. Sprinkle cheese over sauce. Place desired toppings over cheese (we like to try different things, any pizza topping is good). Moisten edge of dough with water. Fold dough over filling to form a half oval. Pinch edges to seal. Cut several slits in the top of the dough. Place on greased baking sheet (sometimes it is easier to place it on the baking sheet just after rolling it out). Bake at 425 for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.

If you don't want to do calzones, you can use the same bread for pizza, just roll it out flat and put your sauce, cheese and toppings on top.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this recipe Joylyn! Since you brought it to me after I had my baby, it has already become one of my staple meals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made these for dinner tonight! Another hit in the Christiansen house. :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete