Thursday, August 12, 2010

Poppyseed Chicken

This is a quick and yummy dish that my sister gave me. I usually make more chicken than I need on a previous day and then all I have to do is shred the chicken and throw this together in just a few minutes. :)

6 - Boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 cups - Cooked Rice
2 cans - Cream of Chicken Soup
16 oz - Sour Cream
1 T. - Poppy Seeds
2 pkg - Ritz Crackers
Salt & Pepper to taste

Shred cooked chicken & season with Garlic Powder. (Just eyeball it)
In buttered 13x9 casserole dish put cooked rice for the bottom layer.
Mix Chicken, Soup, Sour Cream, & Poppy Seeds together. Pour over the rice. Crush Ritz Crackers & mix with melted butter. Spread buttered crackers over the top.
Bake @ 350 for 40 min/or until crackers get brown. (I start to check it at 20 min)

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This is one of our staple meals too. It is my little brother's favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one went fast at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVED it! It will be a new staple at our house!

    ReplyDelete