Friday, August 13, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas (Kinda)


I got this recipe from my sister. Jess makes fun of me because there is no enchilada sauce, and they are called Enchiladas, but I’m just handing down the recipe the way it was handed down to me. ;)


2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded

1 C. sour cream

2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup

3/4 C. salsa

1 pk flour or wheat tortillas

lots of grated cheese


Mix all but the tortillas together

Grease 9"x13" pan

Divide mix up into tortillas, leaving extra mix to put on top

Roll tortillas and put in pan

Spread extra mix on top

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes


These go well served with Spanish rice and a green salad.


~Kimberly Pueblo

3 comments:

  1. This is almost exactly how I made chicken enchiladas too, and to me this IS what enchiladas are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made these for the Elders and it was a hit! :) Thanks for the yummy recipe. It is always nice to add another staple menu item to the list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kim,

    My husband loves these and a version I make from scratch and he is half Mexican. We call them Chicken Enchiladas with white sauce. He makes the red sauce with beef and cheese. Tell your sister there are different kids of enchiladas, not just with the red sauce, Kevin Sims says so.

    ReplyDelete